Skip to main content

The Prince of Prophecy Vol. I: Destined

If you love fairy tales, then there’s a brand new book series that you won’t want to miss. The Prince of Prophecy Vol. I: Destined by N.M. Mac Arthur is now available as an e-book, and will soon be in book form for all you paper lovers. 

As one of the editors working with the author to prepare it for publication, I can personally say she worked damn hard on this! There are no limits to her imagination, and the countless fairy tale references being turned on their heads should put a smile on your face. While it is aimed at young adults, there’s a certain quality to it which makes it both timeless and relatable to those still young at heart. I could not recommend this more:



Thirteen-year-old Prince Destan Von Diederich does not want to be king. In fact, he’s terrified of the idea. Though, being that he’s the last remaining descendant of the Von Diederich family line, it’s not like he has much of a choice. All he wants is a bit of freedom and maybe even a little adventure. However, Destan soon finds out that with adventure comes risk.

Between dodging his cruel cousin, searching for rings of power, being bothered by pesky authors, and helping a mysterious queen, Destan realizes that being a hero isn’t all that it’s cracked up to be.

In his quest to find the pluck to take on his impending duties and adversaries, he is swept away into a world filled with magic and fairy tales—things he thought only existed in books.

Will he find the courage he so desires, or will he remain valour-less, losing everything—including himself—in its pursuit.

Currently available from these sellers: Barns and Noble, Amazon, Smashwords, and google play store. It can also be found in the iBookstore for apple products.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Book Review: Children of Blood and Bone

CHILDREN OF BLOOD AND BONE by Tomi Adeyemi 5 Stars Verdict: So good it hurts. The night magic died, Zélie watched her mother's murder as the Maji were slaughtered. Now Zélie has a chance to bring back magic. With the help of her brother and a rogue princess, she must outrun the crown prince and battle her self-doubts to restore magic to the world. This West-African inspired fantasy is powerful and all round awesome from start to finish. The writing is emotive and imaginative, the pacing is as perfect as it gets, and the characters are real with flaws and charm. I hardly know what to say. A brilliant book like this tells the editor in me to shut up and enjoy the ride, so I'd need to read it again to offer more of a critique. If every book was as good as this one, I would never be able to stop reading. The struggles, anger, and pain are carved into this book so deeply that the desires bleed through the pages and the triumphs feel earned. The emotion in this book is ...

Book Review: The Astonishing Colour of After

THE ASTONISHING COLOUR OF AFTER by Emily X.R. Pan 4 Stars Verdict : A synesthesiastic tale of dealing with loss. When Leigh's mother commits suicide, she visits Leigh as a bright red bird. Leigh follows her mother's memories to Taiwan to meet her grandparents for the first time and to try to understand her mother's passing. For a book so sad, it's very colourful. Leigh often shares her emotions as colours and it works very well, especially as the book travels through a whole river of emotions. It shows a battle lost, families broken, and the dark struggles of depression through the lives of Leigh and her family. To anyone affected by depression and suicide, this book contains those triggers. I felt it handled these themes with tender care and respect, without glamorising suicide or mental illness. The author also went to great lengths to portray a single instance of depression, and even clarifies at the end note that the story isn't mean to explain away d...

Book Review: Forest of a Thousand Lanterns

FOREST OF A THOUSAND LANTERNS by Julie Dao 5 Stars Verdict: Rich, gradual, and gory. Xiefeng is destined to be Empress of Feng Lu, but only if she lets the darkness guide her... I’ll admit, I can only read one high fantasy story a year and it has to really stand out. In this case, the East-Asia mythology aspect of this one drew me in within an instant. The darkness of the story, the unconventional twists in the relationships, and the gorgeous writing had me slithering through this book slower to enjoy it for longer. I always know a book has me where it wants me as soon as I stop counting pages. Xiefeng is an antihero I could get behind. She’s jealous, selfish, righteous – but her desires, suffering, and efforts and so strong, I rooted for her all the same. For a writer to make me like someone who is morally grey is a kind of magic I want to understand more. There’s no crescendo for this book. No huge twist or gut-wrenching moment which turns the book back on itself. That’...