Skip to main content

Last Chance to Win a Paperback Copy of THE CLEARING

Happy Halloween, book lovers! There's still a few hours left before the giveaway ends, so enter below as soon as possible.

The Clearing is a dystopian adventure set in a village run by psychics, and it was awarded the Editor's Pick seal of approval by Evernight Teen. A couple more great reviews have rolled in recently, so I'm overjoyed about it.


If the giveaway above isn't showing, then use this link to visit the rafflecopter: http://www.rafflecopter.com/rafl/display/c24e37ac4/?


Reviews so far

Fantastic Book! It is an incredibly exciting post apocalyptic adventure with a strong female main character. It is a pretty quick read but it packs a lot of plot and character development. The writing is engaging and keeps you turning the pages. I ABSOLUTELY loved the ending. One of the better “zombie apocalypse” books I’ve ever read (and I’ve read a lot!) I would love if she wrote a prequel. The village is so incredibly intriguing.
I received this book from the author through Voracious Readers Only. I reviewed it because it was awesome!
★★★★★ Emmeline via GoodReads

...I really really enjoyed this book. Great story and characters. Ruby was my favourite character. Chilling spooky and eerie. I loved the cover too. That's what drew me to this book. Recommend.
★★★★★ Sue via Amazon, TOP 1000 REVIEWER

Received as a review copy, this an honest review. This one of those books that is beautifully haunting as it is bone-chilling for how the women are treated in the village that Ruby grows up in and rebels against the rules that are set to follow.. At sixteen, Ruby doesn't want to marry and be a mother; all she wants is her father back but when the village elders banish you, you become "Sentenced"  and lost to the Soulless that haunt the woods around the village. And Ruby nearly becomes a person sent to the woods but saved their Seer, making Ruby's life complicated and she becomes determined to see what is truly out beyond the town's protective walls. Highly recommended.
★★★★★ Lori via NetGalley


Links


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Book Review: Children of Blood and Bone

CHILDREN OF BLOOD AND BONE by Tomi Adeyemi 5 Stars Verdict: So good it hurts. The night magic died, Zélie watched her mother's murder as the Maji were slaughtered. Now Zélie has a chance to bring back magic. With the help of her brother and a rogue princess, she must outrun the crown prince and battle her self-doubts to restore magic to the world. This West-African inspired fantasy is powerful and all round awesome from start to finish. The writing is emotive and imaginative, the pacing is as perfect as it gets, and the characters are real with flaws and charm. I hardly know what to say. A brilliant book like this tells the editor in me to shut up and enjoy the ride, so I'd need to read it again to offer more of a critique. If every book was as good as this one, I would never be able to stop reading. The struggles, anger, and pain are carved into this book so deeply that the desires bleed through the pages and the triumphs feel earned. The emotion in this book is ...

Book Review: The Astonishing Colour of After

THE ASTONISHING COLOUR OF AFTER by Emily X.R. Pan 4 Stars Verdict : A synesthesiastic tale of dealing with loss. When Leigh's mother commits suicide, she visits Leigh as a bright red bird. Leigh follows her mother's memories to Taiwan to meet her grandparents for the first time and to try to understand her mother's passing. For a book so sad, it's very colourful. Leigh often shares her emotions as colours and it works very well, especially as the book travels through a whole river of emotions. It shows a battle lost, families broken, and the dark struggles of depression through the lives of Leigh and her family. To anyone affected by depression and suicide, this book contains those triggers. I felt it handled these themes with tender care and respect, without glamorising suicide or mental illness. The author also went to great lengths to portray a single instance of depression, and even clarifies at the end note that the story isn't mean to explain away d...

Book Review: Forest of a Thousand Lanterns

FOREST OF A THOUSAND LANTERNS by Julie Dao 5 Stars Verdict: Rich, gradual, and gory. Xiefeng is destined to be Empress of Feng Lu, but only if she lets the darkness guide her... I’ll admit, I can only read one high fantasy story a year and it has to really stand out. In this case, the East-Asia mythology aspect of this one drew me in within an instant. The darkness of the story, the unconventional twists in the relationships, and the gorgeous writing had me slithering through this book slower to enjoy it for longer. I always know a book has me where it wants me as soon as I stop counting pages. Xiefeng is an antihero I could get behind. She’s jealous, selfish, righteous – but her desires, suffering, and efforts and so strong, I rooted for her all the same. For a writer to make me like someone who is morally grey is a kind of magic I want to understand more. There’s no crescendo for this book. No huge twist or gut-wrenching moment which turns the book back on itself. That’...